2019 STIHL MS 880 MAGNUM®
Call for Price
This heavy-duty chainsaw offers maximum power for the most demanding cutting conditions.
Simply the most power of any STIHL professional chainsaw, the MS 880 MAGNUM® still boasts a great power-to-weight ratio for a big saw that's surprisingly nimble, thanks to STIHL engineering. Ideal for felling and bucking large diameter trees, this saw is precision balanced with excellent handling and reliability. And with a staggering 23% increase in engine power over the likes of the heavy-duty MS 660, the MS 880 really knows how to deliver the goods. And it'll accept guide bars up to 59" in length - almost five whole feet of cutting power to tackle your most demanding jobs.
Wrap-handle version available in select areas. (See MS 880 R.)
- STIHL ElastoStart™: The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine's correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty" side of the air box.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Decompression Valve: The decompression valve, also referred to as 'deco' or 'deco valve', vents compression in the cylinder for easier starting. The decompression valve temporarily reduces the compression in the combustion chamber during cranking and helps reduce the effort needed to pull the starter rope. It is opened manually and closes automatically as soon as the engine fires.
- Displacement: 121.6 cc (7.42 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 6.4 kW (8.6 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 10.1 kg (22.3 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 1300 cc (44.0 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 700 cc (23.7 oz.)
- Oilomatic® Chain: .404" RM, RS 3/8" RS3
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 43 to 150 cm (17" to 59")STIHL ROLLOMATIC®
- Power Source: Gas
- 7.42 cu. in. (121.6 cc)
- Horse Power
- 8.6 bhp (6.4 kW)
- 22.3 lb. (10.1 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 17 in. to 59 in. (43 to 150 cm)